The Young and the Restless and the CBS Soaps

 Sorry I haven't posted in a while.  My goal is to do one blog post a month but I see my last one was in May.  Lately, my favorite past time has been napping on my days off.

Several years ago I covered how the ABC soaps were all interconnected.  I grew up watching those with my mother.  So the Young and the Restless was not on my radar.  But recently it came up as a topic in the TVCU discussion forum on Facebook, and I realized there were enough crossovers for a post, although a very short post.  

1952 to 2009--Guiding Light--This soap crossed over with As the World Turns and the Avengers!!!

1956 to 2010--As the World Turns--This series has crossed over with both the Young and the Restless and Guiding Light.  

1973 to Present--The Young and the Restless--Set in Genoa City, this soap focuses on the Abbott and Newman families.  

1987 to Present--The Bold and the Beautiful--This soap is in the same universe as the Young and the Restless, on the same network, and has had numerous crossovers just as with the ABC soaps.  

2006--Guiding Light/Avengers--"She's a Marvel"-A long running character from the 90s gains electrical powers and becomes Springfield's hero, the Guiding Light.  This story line starts in the show, Guiding Light, moves into an issue of the Avengers, comic book, and then moves back to the Guiding Light TV series, thus placing the entire CBS soap line into the Marvel Universe, Earth-616.  

2025 to Present--Beyond the Gates--This predominately black cast soap recently had a multi-episode crossover with the Young and the Restless.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some People Call Me Crazy: Ivan Schablotski in the TVCU

Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Blog

Strange Life and Interesting Timeline