Updates, Announcements and Reflections

 I'm back.

I recently announced my retirement from writing.  I was very tired.  I went back to work after nearly 20 years on disability.  I didn't have as much time or energy to write.  And I was diagnosed with Diabetes as well.

But I recently moved, and am on new medication, and I find myself feeling more energy lately.  I'm not sleeping as much (I was sleeping way too much), and I'm more productive in my days.

So let's try this a little bit longer.



The neglected TVCU blog is coming back.  But maybe a little different.  I'm kind of tired of doing timelines and may strike out with more essay style posts.  That's not to say that I won't keep doing timelines occassionally, especially when tackling more character oriented posts, like when I cover historical figures.

I'm planning on doing one post per month.  Not as ambitious as my one post a day when I first started this thing in 2011, but better than what I have been doing.

Why just once a month?  Well, I only have weekends to write, and I have other committments.  I'm a lay minister with my church, and once every three weeks I preach.  That's one writing obligation.




But also, and here's another big announcement, I'm writing another book, which tentatively will be published by our sponsor, Wild Hunt Press.  This book is called Sci-Fi Multiverse, and is a sequel to my first book, the Horror Crossover Encyclopedia.  That book took me a while to write, so don't expect this one for a few years from now, but this is how I will be spending at least two Sundays a month for the foreseeable future.  

So I'm excited to be back to writing.  I really missed it.  



Next month look for a blog post on Father Guido Sarducci.  After that, I'm open to suggestions.  I've covered so much already on here but I'm open to suggestions for more subjects to conquer or posts to update.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some People Call Me Crazy: Ivan Schablotski in the TVCU

Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Blog

Strange Life and Interesting Timeline